Monday, August 27, 2012

 
Just for today...Monday, August 27
 
Outside my window...three tiny ant hills formed a smiley face outside our back door.  My observant Sarah found them, she always finds the positive side of things.
 
 
I am thinking...about our Lavukal neighbors.  We are hoping to send some beginning readers that were requested by a school teacher.  Better get started stockpiling books if the school hopes to have the books when classes begin in January!
 
From the learning rooms...Charles I, Oliver Cromwell, Louis XIV, King Philip's War, Shah Jahan & the Taj Mahal
 
A heart of thankfulness...for the traffic that added an hour to our return trip last night, because it gave me more time to work on my embroidery.
 
From the kitchen...English muffins for breakfast, kiwi & cucumber chicken salad for lunch, ham & bean soup tonight with apple crisp for dessert
 
I am hoping...my cello callouses develop quickly.  My amazing husband has been working hard to give me some quiet time to practice.  It feels so good to have short fingernails and sore fingertips!
 
 
 
I am hearing...kids cleaning up breakfast in the kitchen, the washing machine spinning, Benjamin singing, sounds of a normal Monday morning
 
One of my favorite things...staying home.  Today won't be one of those days, but busy days make the stay-at-home days even sweeter.
 
Pondering these words..."Abiding allows the Lord to bring interesting people, worthy activities, and valuable things into my life in the right way, at the right time, and for His purpose."  ~Cynthia Heald
 
Looking ahead...a meeting this morning to see if our family has any video that will help with a GIAL video, company tomorrow night (two students from GIAL), Thursday night I'll drive the three big kids to get fitted for their Southwest Children's Chorus uniforms, and hoping for a date Friday night (if we can get a babysitter) to go see Agatha Christie's "Black Coffee" on stage
 
A peek into my corner of the world...Katherine practicing her memory verse.  I love hearing kids hiding God's Word in their hearts!
 

3 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

Hoping you find a babysitter friend, a stage play sounds wonderful:) I love the ant hills too! Shawn cut a watermelon last week that had a smile in it:)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Whew, I'm with you about loving stay-at-home days!

good luck with your cello calluses :D

Julie

Leslie said...

STaying home is one of my favorite things, too!