Thursday, December 6, 2012

St. Nicholas Day


"I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give.  I'm afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare." ~ C.S. Lewis


Before Advent ever started, I really felt like we needed to focus on God's gifts and generosity to us and our overflow of giving to others with our time, finances, energy, and resources.  I was just writing to a friend last night that God is already testing me in these areas!


 We made purse cookies to celebrate St. Nicholas' generosity (if we had lots of time and energy, I would have liked to try some of these recipes, maybe next year!) and
 
 
 

Now we're getting ready to head out the door for the Southwest Children's Chorus performance at the Dallas county Tree of Angels ceremony tonight.  Benjamin has a small solo!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of your kiddos! How did Benjamin's solo go? We celebrated St. Nick's with Matt's parents; I'm starting to really like that holiday! Glad you had a good day.

Love,
Liss

quilt'n-mama said...

Hope you had a wonderful St. Nicholas Day. We are going to do some baking today because we were gone all day yesterday. Hope the concert went well, I love their concert outfits!
Our kids found socks too, along with gold chocolate coins!

The Hibbard Family said...

Beautiful children!