Monday, December 17, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook

 
 
For today...Monday, December 17
 
Pondering these words..."You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving." ~Robert Louis Stevenson
 
I'm wearing...a long-sleeve purple t-shirt and blue jeans.  Being so sick last week, I never made it out of pajamas except for our photo shoot.
 
A heart of thankfulness...for good friends for my children
 
 
 
On my bookshelf...some books I picked up at a library book sale this summer.  Poems of Christmas edited by Myra Cohn Livingston and Hark! A Christmas Sampler by Jane Yolen and Tommy dePaola
 
 
From the kitchen...just English muffins and Winter Delight Berry Medley Scripture Tea.  We're all moving very slowly this morning, and Aaron left early to take our vehicle in for some maintenance. 
 
 
Around the house...Christmas treats
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am hearing..."O Magnum Mysterium" by Morten Lauridsen.  One of my most favorite pieces to sing, ever. 
 
Noticing that...flowers brought by a thoughtful husband really do help me feel better
 
 
Something I want to remember for later...my girls working together on crochet projects for Christmas
 
 
From the learning rooms...so proud of my kids for continuing to do their school work so well, even though they are all hacking and sniffling.  We're already into the 1800s with the Louisiana Purchase and Napoleon.  Time to find a recording of Beethoven's Symphony No. 3 and talk about the connection!

 
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...doctor's visits for the kids tomorrow morning.  When you hear, "Mom, I feel like I have malaria," you know it's time to take this cold junk seriously.  My mother is coming to visit for a few days to help us celebrate Benjamin's birthday on Thursday (we'll have some friends over that night, too), and Saturday this kids have their last two performances of the semester with the Southwest Children's Chorus.  We leave Sunday after church to visit with family for Christmas!
 
A peek into my corner of the world...

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Praying for your week. Doctor appointments, school and enjoying Benjamin's birthday! Hope you all feel better soon!