Tuesday, January 1, 2013

More Family


Last Friday, Katherine finally conquered her fears and got her ears pierced.  She's been asking for over a year, and in May she actually had the dots marked on her ears before she backed out.  Each of my girls has gotten her ears pierced with my mother, two sisters, and my sister-in-law cheering her on.  Katherine was missing one of her aunts, but she had a great team of family cheering her on.

 
Katherine loves the new little pink butterflies in her ears!
 

 
Saturday morning, we drove to visit my aunt and uncle.  They have moved since we visited them in June.  Twenty-three of us gathered in their beautiful new home, even though four of my generation (plus three spouses) were missing.  I love big families.  After the blessing of the food, the chaos began!

 
My cousins got a zipline for Christmas.  Of course, all of the adventurous ones had to try it out.  In this family, we have no shortage of adventure.
 


Lots of football helped keep people warm.
 

 




Watching all ages and stages play together just made my day!
 








We tried to take a nice normal family picture.  After all, it's just my mom's family and her brother's family.  But this gene pool runs strongly toward the wild and crazy.
 

 
And I think this picture is a much more accurate version of our true personalities!

No comments: