Monday, February 25, 2013

Still Surrounded

God continues to surprise and amaze and surround me by His love.  After almost four solid days of the Global Impact Celebration, I discovered I knew one of the other missionaries!  It didn't take long before we were asking about each other's families and feeling like we had walked into a family reunion.
 
 

Last night's service began with our hand bell choir playing "Here Am I, Lord".  Aaron and I love having the opportunity to participate with this group.  We can't do this in the Solomon Islands.
 
 
Then the youth choir (including Sarah) led us in worship and prepared our hearts for
 
 
 
 an encouraging (and funny) interview of one of our own church members who just radiates with God's love and another encouraging and convicting sermon.
 
 
But the best part of the night for me?  The invitation.  The missionaries had been asked to line up to be able to counsel anyone who might come down.  It's still awkward to me to be set apart as a missionary, and I was really exhausted, but I was willing to stand up front.  After a few minutes, I felt a tug at my arm and turned to find two precious ninth grade girls at my elbow.  I asked what I could for them and their answer reduced me to tears.  "We just want to know how we can be praying for you."  Wow.  Definitely still surrounded.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sweet girls and sweet times.

Betsy de Cruz said...

Wow, 9th grade girls wanting to pray for you. What a display of God's love for you! I'm at a conference myself right now. Hope you get some rest and a chance to catch up on "real life" after your conference.

The dB family said...

I burst into tears reading that! What a precious blessing!

Hugs!
Deborah