Monday, February 4, 2013

Texas Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Monday, February 4
 
Outside my window...cloudy, dark, and sprinkling.  Yay for moisture!  This morning the weather anchor was commenting on the crunchy grass.
 
I am hearing...the click of the coffee pot burner, the heater cycling on and off, the quiet of the morning before the kids wake up
 
Praying for...my husband as he attends a leadership conference out of town this week.  Hoping he can be still and free from distractions and really focus on what the Lord is doing in his life.

One of my favorite things...these two smiles
 
 
Pausing to go wake up the kids...be back when I get a break in school.....



Okay, I'm back now :-)
 
A heart of thankfulness...for my four exercise buddies.  All four kids popped right outside onto the wet pavement with great attitudes this morning.  They rode bikes, ran alongside me, and encouraged each other.  I couldn't ask for more wonderful children.
 
I am creating...in the "life medium of the moment" based on Valerie Schultz's suggestion to "jump into the life-medium of the moment, whether it's oatmeal or beach sand or Dr. Seuss' rhymes or the soup you're making for dinner."
 
Pondering these words..."Without satisfying worship, there can be no successful warfare."  Warren Wiersbe


From the kitchen...easy English muffins this morning on some of our beautiful dishes I found in Canton for a great price

  
On my bookshelf...over the weekend, I pulled out some fun Groundhog's Day books to share with the kids.  "Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather" by Bruce Koscielniak (love the surprise ending!), the classic "Gregory's Shadow" by Don Freeman, "Gretchen Groundhog, It's Your Day!" by Abby Levine, and "Substitute Groundhog" by Pat Miller
 
From the learning rooms...treaty of Waitangi, England's Queen Victoria, composer Gioachino Rossini, Sarah is learning about polynomials, Benjamin is tackling decimals, Olivia is discovering ratios, Katherine is still practicing addition & subtraction up to 20; we also have slices of banana (one with yeast, one without) molding in plastic bags on the cabinet for observation
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...going to pick up some Pyrex and Corningware dishes from a friend that will go in our crate headed to the Solomon Islands soon, and we'll probably go to the Dogwood Canyon Audubon center for their free First Thursday, but generally I'm staying close to home and getting things ready for our big road trip next weekend
 
A peek into my corner of the world...last Friday, my kids really enjoyed the sunroof of my mother's new-to-her vehicle

1 comment:

no spring chicken said...

A fabulous peek. I love all the little details that say so much about you and your sweet family!

Blessings, Debbie