Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sweet Sabbath


"A tenderhearted person lives a blessed life; a hardhearted person lives a hard life."  Proverbs 28:14 MSG
 
"To love at all is to be vulnerable.  Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.  If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one.  It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...."
~C.S. Lewis
 
Praying to keep my heart soft and giving thanks:
 
 
-for friends who haven't been afraid to get to know the nitty-gritty, real Choate family
 
-for one more reason to drink my morning cup of coffee
 
-for our Sunday School class who gathered Friday night to eat yummy desserts and pray for our family
 
 
 
-for reconnecting with a former orchestra student.  He was my student helper when he was in high school and kept me and the music library organized.  Now he works as the executive director of the Children's Chorus of Greater Dallas.
 
-for this great article about "How Can I Help my Friend Living Overseas?".  True, so true.
 
 
 
-for a huge box of mixed up pictures that made it to this low-tech organized step and for the walk down our oh, so very rich memory lane as we filed photos
 
-for nine days left in Texas to enjoy the many relationships God has given us here

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Nine days! Wow. I pray they are sweet...and I know they will be because you are. :)

The Hibbard Family said...

I just caught up on a bunch of your posts. How I love reading them! I'm soaking up every one and treasuring them.