Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Marulaon Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Monday, December 9, 2013

Outside my window...bright sunshine.  Oh, we sure could use some rain to refill those rain tanks!

On my bookshelf..."Messenger: The legacy of Mattie J. T. Stepanek and Heartsongs"  by Jeni Stepanek.  A sweet, sad story, especially meaningful to our family because the kids sang some of Mattie's poems set to music last year when they participated in the Southwest Children's Chorus

I am thankful for...meds and an amazing family who have kept this household running like clockwork even while I am stuck in bed with malaria and cellulitis

In the learning rooms...Katherine is beginning a new math book this week, Singapore 1B; Sarah is working with quadrilaterals & polygons in geometry; in pre-algebra, Benjamin is reviewing decimals & percents; and Olivia is learning how to find the area of a circle

Around the house...a little bell I stole off the Christmas tree to ring whenever I need assistance, a bounty of pineapples ripening on the cabinet

Hearing...two small 12-volt fans, one at my head and one at my feet, working hard to blow away the malarial sweats

Crafting in the kitchen...spaghetti fortified with lots of good veggies from market and green beans mixed with slippery cabbage on the side.  So incredibly grateful for our friends who hold a small market just for us twice a week!

Pondering these words...
"Father our hearts we lift,
Up to Thy gracious throne,
And bless thee for the precious gift,
Of thine incarnate Son:
The gift unspeakable,
We thankfully receive,
And to the world thy goodness tell,
And to Thy glory live.
~Charles Wesley

A few plans for the rest of the week...I'm supposed to be paddling over to Karumulun Friday to finish crafting Bible stories with twelve other women.  It's not looking like my leg will let me go, but we'll see what happens.  Between now and then, my plans are to stay in bed, sleep as much as I can, and keep my leg elevated to help speed healing.

2 comments:

Nahna said...

The song, "I Stand Amazed in the Presence" came to mind as I read the recent entries...then I think...not STAND, rather bow in the Presence...praising and thanking our God for his ever-Present SELF that is with you all in the SI and here with us too. How awesome is our God...
May you heal quickly and know His amazing power and Presence in each moment as you REST in Him.
Love to the 6 of you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I try really hard to be patient when I hear anyone in your family is unwell, but news is like water in the desert. GOOD FOR YOU for staying in bed and allowing your body to heal! Love you and so glad the kids are old enough to pitch in.

Love, Liss