Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sunday, December 8

Yesterday was "Seafood Saturday"!  First, I bought two fish at market and made a delicious soup with fish, pumpkin leaves, local potatoes, and eggplant all floating in curried coconut milk.  Later, Eta brought back some of our dishes.  Even though I told her to bring them back empty, she filled one of the bowls with haleav, some kind of clam or oyster.  Finally, Sarah went fishing with her friend, Harris, and came back with several small trophies of her fishing prowess.  So Benjamin fried up the haleav, ("Mom, did you know they explode if you place them in the pan just right!?!") and Sarah fried up her fish for supper last night.

IMG_0406 - Copy (213x320)

I would appreciate prayers for my health.  I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with distinct signs of malaria and began taking meds this morning.  This evening, my left leg is showing signs of cellulitis again, in the same place as last year.  We will e-mail our doctor in Honiara for advice about which meds to take.  Both of these put together mean that I will probably be flat on my back for at least a week and slow to move around for a couple of weeks following.  I have quite a capable crew here in the Choate household, though!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh no, praying for you sweet lady.