Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tuesday, March 10


This weather system has left us with cool breezes and full rain tanks.  I'm loving the breezes that blow through the house all day!  However, at night, I often feel like I'm in a tent camping because the wind and the rain blow in so strongly and the dogs are howling right under our window.  Leonard told us that each night he lines up rocks on his porch rail so he only has one big leap from his bedroom to the porch to throw a rock at the offending dogs!


 
Sarah and Benjamin have been studying a little bit of botany in their biology course.  So proud of those awesome teenagers and their diligence to their school work.  The Choate home school wouldn't function if it weren't for my kids who work so hard.  Recently, if you had walked into our house, you would have found piles of big school books on top of leaves, but now the leaves are out and labeled.
 
 
Our e-mail modem has suddenly quite working, and I've really missed staying in touch with the outside world.  But I'm thankful for the daily chats on the radio to check in with our SITAG colleagues.  Speaking of our colleagues, our amazing administration has persevered and we finally have residence permits for every member of the family!  Each of us now has the official stamp in our passport, and just in time, too, since Sarah and I are going to Australia next week to attend Naomi's wedding. Whew!  Thanks a bunch for all of the prayers for our permits.
 
I'm beginning to sort through our village clothes to give them away.  I think we will have enough clothes among the six of us to share something with every household in the village.  Our sweet neighbors really don't mind if the clothes have been mended or stained, so I have to get over my reluctance at sharing less-than-new clothes.  Annie, the fifteen month old daughter of Nancy and Hensy, sat on my hip today as I began to share the clothes.  I took advantage of a gap in the rain to deliver, and she wanted to come along.  Every time I was ready to go back to our house to get a new round of clothes, I tried to take Annie back to her house, but she refused to go to her auntie!  We had fun together until another round of big wind and rain drove me back to drop her off at her house and sent me scurrying back to my own house.
 

No comments: