Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Honiara Woman's Daybook

 Just for today...Tuesday, April 14


From the learning rooms...we're down to the last bits and pieces of the school year.  So proud of my kids for adding a subject here and there so they can finish early next week.  They have maintained high quality work throughout the entire school year, and I'm so proud of them!



Crafting in the kitchen...Katherine read about shoo-fly pie and found a recipe to make one.  So she and her sweet big sister cooked one up this afternoon since it's Katherine's night to be the head chef at our house.


Pondering these words...In this great day when most women wave banners of authenticity about our pasts, we crouch back from honesty about our presents.  Well tell you all about our broken places of yesterday but don't dare admit the limitations of our today.  All the while the acid of overactivity eats holes in our souls.  And from those holes leaks the cry of unfulfilled calling that never quite happened.  We said yes to so much that we missed what I call our "Best Yes" assignments - simply because we didn't heed the warning of the whispers within that subtle space.  ~Lisa Terkeurst 

This is something I know will hit me in the face when we return to the States in just a few weeks.  I don't want the acid of overactivity to eat holes in my soul.  I want to listen to the whispers of the Holy Spirit.




A few plans for the rest of the week...picking up Aaron in the morning, making a few trips to welcome SITAG families coming in (six families in the space of five days!), and beginning the packing in earnest since our master packing will be home.
A peek into my corner of the world...rainy afternoons equal a house full of kids, and these are some of my favorite kids!

No comments: