Saturday, September 5, 2015

Weekend Bits and Pieces

 

Summer temperatures still have a hold of central Arkansas.  The high today is supposed to be 97 degrees, and my Althea bush is blooming beautifully in the back yard. 

 
The farmers market is still going strong here, and you never know what you'll find.  This funny eggplant made Olivia and me smile.  I love Olivia's smile.  She has just the hint of her daddy's dimple.
 

With Aaron gone, we are reminded of him in every little thing around us.  Particularly in our music making.  Being able to play our cellos again has been such a gift.  And watching our kids grow in their own music making thrills us!  My mornings are usually full of piano and strings as I shift from child to child and enjoy watching them progress.  Accompanying them on their instruments is stretching my skills as a pianist, too.


Aaron will be leaving Honiara on the Kosco to go out to Marulaon Village around 5:00 p.m. (Central Time) tonight.  He has a long list of things to accomplish - everything from finishing painting our house with used motor oil to deter termites to working with the translation team on the first several chapters of Matthew to visiting all eighteen villages in our language group.  His next two weeks will be super full, and we would appreciate prayer for his stamina and wisdom as he pours himself out.

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love that adorable dimple :D
And the eggplant! Reminds me of Pinocchio.

Julie

The Hibbard Family said...

The eggplant made me laugh! Thank you, my friend!