Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas morning


On Christmas Eve, Aaron and I had the honor of playing our cellos as a part of the service at church.  It was a sweet time of worship, and I had forgotten how much I enjoy playing my cello in praise to the Lord (especially when I'm making music alongside my awesome hubby).  I'm still pretty rusty, but God doesn't care if I miss a note here and there!  My parents and two sets of siblings' families joined us for the service, then we all went to my parents' home for some yummy potato soup.


Christmas morning at our house has always been slow and sweet.  I love that the focus is on Jesus and the gifts He gives us, not the gifts under the tree.


Gingerbread waffles on the breakfast table is one of the traditions we can take with us, no matter where we live.


And this year, the table was extra beautiful because of the depression glass berry bowls and serving dish we found on sale at an antique store downtown.  My awesome family went together and bought me a set as my Christmas present.


Watching the kids give gifts to each other is a joy.  The gifts ranged from Katherine dancing to one of Benjamin's favorite songs, to Benjamin writing a parody of "Mary Did You Know?" (except it was "Sarah Did You Know?") for Sarah, to Sarah crocheting a pair of lovely mittens for Katherine.


Each gift was heartfelt and personal and beautiful reflection of the giver.  Just like God's good gifts that He lavishes upon us.

"So the Word became human and made his home among us.  He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.  And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son....From His abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another." 
John 1:14, 16 NLT

No comments: