Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter


For the first time in more than ten years, the egg whites for our traditional resurrection cookies didn't beat into peaks.  Even after 30 minutes with an electric mixer.  So we just spread the whole thing on a silpat on the cookie sheet, and it was delicious.


Several of our SITAG family attended a sunrise service at the American memorial.  The truck full of chairs and people pulled out a few minutes after 5:00 while the sky was quite dark.
Many different mother tongues and cultures were represented at the worship service.  It was a perfect way to start the day.  And we followed it with a potluck lunch back at SITAG, thankful that the cross gives us a reason to celebrate.


from "The Mediator" in The Valley of Vision
Thou hast devised the means
to rescue me from sin's perdition,
to restore me to happiness, honour, safety.
I bless thee for the everlasting covenant,
for the appointment of a Mediator.

I rejoice that he failed not, nor was discouraged,
but accomplished the thou gavest him to do;
and said on the cross, "It is finished."
I exult in the thought that
thy justice is satisfied,
thy truth established,
thy law magnified,
and a foundation is laid for my hope.


I look to a present and personal interest
in Christ and say,
Surely he has borne my griefs,
carried my sorrows,

Aaron's grandmother's recipe - a wedding present

won my peace,
healed my soul.
Justified by his blood I am saved by his life,
Glorying in his cross I bow to his scepter...


2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love, love, love! Happy very belated Easter. HE IS RISEN!

Cindy said...

As I was reading your comments on the sunrise service about so many nationalities and languages coming together, I could not help but think, "The cross brings us ALL together at HIS feet."