Thursday, April 25, 2019

Easter Day


Having extras in our house again meant that our home is full of singing and laughter and life.  So appropriate for Easter weekend, when we celebrate the eternal life that Jesus' death and resurrection brings us.


After church, our family joined my sister-in-law's side of the family for lunch at her parents' beautiful home.


Our families have known each for four generations, and we love spending time together!


After lots of ham and coconut cake, we watched the kids hunt for eggs.  Then we ventured into the American cultural tradition of taking family pictures.  The first crazy light check got a veto.



But the second crazy light check got a thumbs up.





My brother and I are the bookends of the family.  He told me recently that when I got married (he was six years old) he was upset because our initials no longer matched.


I'm soaking up all of the opportunities to spend time with family.


After lunch, we came home with full bellies and full hearts.


I didn't think the day could get any better, but it did.


In the form of my cousin dropping by and an impromptu juggling school breaking out in the backyard!


Laughter rang out and echoed off the houses and bounced giddily right into my heart.


Then, the activity turned to stunts.  Hannah has been a cheerleader for years, so she knows lots of fun tricks.  


She and Benjamin are taking a stage combat class this semester, so bits and pieces of that instruction found their way into the afternoon, as well.







So much joy and laughter!  Finally, as it began to get dark, we loaded up the three who weren't spending the night with us, gave them lots of coconut cake and chocolate pudding, and sent them on their separate ways with prayers for safe travels.



No comments: