Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday Favorite Five


Spiritual - I've really enjoyed "Wednesday's Word" from Paul Tripp

Mental - "Taste and See: Discovering God Among Butchers, Bakers, and Fresh Food Makers" by Margaret Feinberg has been a delight as I slowly dip into one chapter at a time (feels like sneaking chocolate chips from the fridge).


Physical - Even though I only taught orchestra for a few years, the students that crossed my path were phenomenal people.  One of them is a personal trainer and owns a gym in the DFW area.  He issued a "Buns, Guns, and Abs" 30-day challenge, and our family joined in.  Tomorrow we'll be halfway through (55 squats, 13 pushups, and 55 leg lifts), and I'm kinda glad it's only thirty days.  Whew.


Emotional - care packages.  Any kind of snail mail, really!  To be reminded that we are not forgotten is such a sweet thing.

Just for fun - Atlas Obscura.  So many fun things to learn!

No comments: