Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday Favorite Five


-When I'm in Arkansas, I never think about the wind.  But when we are trying to get Aaron back out to the Russells for a quick trip, the wind and waves make a huge impact on his travels.  Enter windy.com (our new best friend).  I've always been a little bit of a weather geek, but this website is both fun and helpful.

-Sometimes I struggle to remember to put my roots down deep into God's Word and His love.  This necklace (yay for coupons!) is a constant physical reminder of the truth found in Colossians 3:17.


-Part of our hometown Community Supported Agriculture includes handmade items.  I love the Goat's Milk soaps, especially the peppermint, for the climate here in the Solomon Islands.  We brought a bar with us, and I'm enjoying it down to the last little sliver.

-Knowing how God created each one of us holds great value.  We're always looking for new "tools" in our toolbox of good communication for our family.  I just snagged "Becoming Us:  Using the Enneagram to Create a Thriving, Gospel-Centered Marriage" for the Kindle app on my phone.  I'm looking forward to the conversations this book will generate, probably over a cup of coffee.


-If I had one piece of advice to offer to families, it would be PLAY TOGETHER!  Where we live and the ages of our kids determines how we play, but games are often the center of our laughter.  We introduced our kids to Trivial Pursuit a couple of years ago, and we recently found a box here at SITAG.  There is something extremely encouraging when your kids realize they are absorbing all of that school work and can hold their own in almost any category.

No comments: