Monday, February 15, 2021

Scaffolding

During January, I watched the progress of this house from my rocking chair on the porch of our village home.  The bones of the house went up first, and then we cheered on the guys as they added the roof and the walling to fill in the gaps.


Lent begins this week.  We've bought plane tickets to return to America, so during the course of Lent, we will be living in three different places.  I need some scaffolding to thoughtfully observe this season.  We'll be reading through "Journey to the Cross" as a family during breakfast, and on my own I'll be working through "With All Your Heart: Living Joyfully Through Allegiance to King Jesus".  I hope to continue some of our favorite Lenten traditions like making pretzels and listening to some Penitential Psalms to help keep our minds and hearts undivided as we sort and pack and prepare for our long journey back to Arkansas.

No comments: