Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Last Week in May


Sarah and Benjamin spent a few days visiting us to help celebrate my birthday.  


Somehow, the kids contrived to blow up forty-seven balloons after we went to bed, so I woke up to balloons and streamers all over the house.  What a great way to start the day!


Sarah made one of my favorites for breakfast...blueberry cream cheese coffee cake.



The boys went to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and girls and I went shopping at a vintage clothes store downtown.  This elicited one of the most hilarious text conversations I've ever seen.


Sarah made a big and beautiful strawberry trifle from the berries we had just picked.  She also rearranged the letters of "Happy Birthday" which I didn't realize until the trifle was set before me.  I spewed my coffee.


Having all of the kids around the piano singing made my heart sing, too.


And staying up late to chat while propped on the hide-away bed was totally worth the loss of sleep.


But the week wasn't all about my birthday!  I started teaching strings lessons again this week.  One of my favorite things to do.


We also reconnected with some friends that we've known for a long time.  Grant's dad was our calculus teacher, we went to their wedding, and when they honeymooned in central Florida, we had just moved back so we got to spend time with them there, too.  Sweet friends who love Jesus and who left us feeling encouraged.


A wedding showed for my cousin finished off our week.  The highlight of the shower was the game of spicy Uno that brought much joy and laughter to the church's' fellowship hall.  I love being close enough to family to celebrate special days!

No comments: