Monday, October 29, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook


 For today...Monday, October 29

Outside my window...the church is getting a new roof, the steeple is being exchanged, and our front yard is being dug up to lay new pipes.  It's loud and the kids love watching the whole thing!







I am thankful...for our colleagues in the Solomons and their tireless work in another culture

I am wearing...khaki pants, orange and ivory shell earrings from the Solomon Islands, and a soft orange sweater.  I don't have many long sleeves in my closet, but I sure do like being able to wear them.

From the kitchen...we enjoyed salmon patties and spinach salad tonight followed by some oh-so-yummy Blue Bell Spiced Pumpkin Pecan ice cream.  I love using little antique bowls from a friend for ice cream!


In the learning rooms...Goya, Hadyn, George Washington

Noticing that...I'd better get going on planning and making Christmas presents for the kids' teachers

One of my favorite things...our Monday night planning date while the big kids are in choir practice.  We get to coordinate calendars and enjoy some coffee at the same time.


A few plans for the rest of the week...going over to celebrate a birthday with some SITAG colleagues tomorrow night, Thursday morning I'm driving over to Canton to peruse their First Monday flea market with my antique dishes buddy, Aaron and I have a date on Friday night to go to a dinner theater, and Saturday we get to enjoy some grandparents coming to the Choate Bed and Breakfast for a quick visit

A peek into my corner of the world...what a gift they are.




3 comments:

Leslie said...

I've enjoyed listening to a handful or more of E.Fitzpatrick's various podcasts and one was about that book. Good stuff. She needs one on giving young adults grace.
I may have a bowl addiction.Love a good bowl, especially pretty glass ones from the thrift store. :) This is perfect Canton weather! Have fun.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What a lot of work going on, right in front of you! (The pipes, roof, and steeple.) There's your "Occupational Education", all brought to your doorstep ;D

Ooooohhh, pumpkin spice ice cream :D

great pic of the kids :D

Julie

The Hibbard Family said...

The girls were SOOOOO excited when I told them what you said about your girls having those same dresses! It's the little things... :-)