Monday, October 22, 2012

For today...Monday, October 22

Outside my window...dark. 

I am thinking...I should be in bed.

I am praying...for these quintuplets and their family.

I am thankful...for amazing friends.  The kind who tell you to take their own vehicle because yours won't last the long road trip.  We love you guys!

I am wearing...pink pajamas

I am creating...just finished Sarah's red velvet cape, hoping to finish the bags for The Giving Heart in Richmond, VA.

I am going...to buy some pansies and fill up some big pots with beautiful flowers.

On my bookshelf..."Call of a Coward:  The God of Moses and the Middle-Class Housewife" by Marcia Moston.  Oh, my.  I could have written this book.

From the kitchen...cranberry squash from "The New Laurel's Kitchen" and a yummy spinach salad with spiced pecans from a recipe we found in "The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook".  Even though we're in the mid 80's outside, inside it feels like Autumn.


In the learning rooms...the American Revolution has begun!  

Around the house...mostly unpacked and caught up on laundry after our fabulous road trip.

Pondering these words..."Those kicking and screaming death-throes moments when you realize you aren't and you can't are God's opportunities to show you he is and he can."  ~Marcia Moston

A few plans for the week ahead...my sister is coming with her two-year-old on Wednesday and we are soooo excited!

 A peek into my corner of the world...Katherine playing with flannel graph I used as a child.  My grandmother gave me several sets of Pict-O-Graph published by Standard.  This set is copyright 1956.  Anybody else grow up with these?




2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh that flannel graph DOES bring back memories :D

Hurray for fall, whatever the weather,

Julie

quilt'n-mama said...

I love the flannel graphs, we used those in sunday school when I was a kiddo and they were ancient ones my mom had in the file drawer.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the book:)