Monday, January 18, 2016

Highland Heights Baptist Church


 
Ten years ago this month, our precious sending church enabled us to go to our first training with Wycliffe Bible Translators.  The two weeks we spent in Orlando with three small children set us on the right track to serve in the Solomon Islands in Bible translation.
 
 
Fast forward ten years, and these lovely people are still loving on us, encouraging us, and praying for us.  I meant to take pictures inside the beautiful church with its stained glass windows.  I meant to take pictures of Katherine holding an adopted grandfather's hand as they sang hymns together in church.  But I'll have to hold those memories in my mind.
 

Instead, my pictures (thanks to a friend!) are from our favorite Chinese restaurant.  We are full of delicious food and smiles and prayers for God's blessing as we transition back to the Solomon Islands.
 

No comments: