Tuesday, January 10, 2017

One of my favorite things...

 
My really most favorite part of the day is when I sit down with the kids and read aloud.  Today we enjoyed the end of the eggnog snickerdoodles while I read. 
 
 
Last week, we read "Banner in the Sky", this week it's "The Twenty-One Balloons", and next week start my absolute favorite, "The Singing Tree".  It's like Newberry Award marathon, and it's wonderful.  One of the poems we read today was "Dover Beach", and I immediately was transported back to college when I played "Dover Beach" by Samuel Barber.  When the kids listened to the recording, they weren't quite as thrilled as I was, but it IS a beautiful piece of music.
 

2 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

We recently finished the Singing Tree, we 😍

Choate Family said...

When I finally open my B & B, I'm going to name it "The Singing Tree"!