Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Favorite Five



1) Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies.  Our family made a batch, and put chocolate chips in half and pecans in half, and we vote for the nuts if the cookies are for breakfast.  If we serve them for dessert, then we'll choose the chocolate chips.

2)  The blog "Chatting About Life".  Especially her thoughts concerning expectations.  I think each of us has experienced overturned expectations and at least a wee bit of chaos in 2020.


3)  I can tell I'm having a good week when I am trying lots of new recipes and excited about creating in the kitchen!  We have such beautiful fish here, and I am becoming more and more in favor of eating local.  I've already warned my girls that we won't be buying bananas once we return to Arkansas next year.  We tried a recipe for red snapper with Tomato-Olive compote, and this will become a regular on our table.

4) The National Day Calendar.  Sometimes, we just need a little nudge to have fun.  Some of my favorite upcoming days in August are the 2nd, National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, the 16th, National Tell a Joke Day, and the 25th, National Second Hand Wardrobe Day.

5) EnneaSummer podcast with Annie F. Downs.  Founder of the "That Sounds Fun" Network, Annie hilariously explores each Enneagram type and helps me understand my people better and better.  And you can also buy foam can coolers with each of the nine types on them!


No comments: