Wednesday, May 20, 2009

For Simple Things



For Simple Things




God of my praise, to Thee be praise

For children and their loving ways;




For all the things that lighten earth,

For quiet peace, and merry mirth;




For every friendly bird that sings,

For little, lovely, simple things;




For loyal comradeship that grows

The stronger for each wind that blows;




But most of all because Thou art

The sunshine of my happy heart.




God of my praise, to Thee be praise,

Today and through my length of days.




by Amy Carmichael

3 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

Don't you just love her writing...
Hugs friends,
Gayly

Anonymous said...

I love the poem...needed it tonight when I got home from rehearsal.

Love to you.
Mom/Nahna

TheHarriman Family said...

What a beautiful flower. Isn't it amazing to just sit back and enjoying God's creations.