Monday, May 18, 2009

Reading Pleasure...

One of the hardest things to leave when we moved from Dallas was the Dallas Public Library and our local Barnes and Noble. So, imagine our joy when we arrived here in Honiara and found an Educational Resource Center for the families of SITAG! The kids are avid readers (wonder where they get it?), so they love to head next door and swap out books. One of my favorite things is reading a book with one of my children, snuggled up and savoring each shared word. Books we're sharing now:
Sarah - "Christy" by Catherine Marshall
Benjamin - "The Rescuers" by Margery Sharp
Olivia - "Little House on the Prairie" by Laura Ingalls Wilder (we finished "Little House in the Big Woods" while we were in Marulaon)
Katherine - "Jennie's Hat" and "Peter's Chair" both by Ezra Jack Keats

2 comments:

Arin Rollins said...

I want to instill the love of reading in my kids too! You're such a great Mom! I'm glad you have some resources there!

The Hibbard Family said...

So excited you have a place to find books! YAY! We have been LOVING seeing your posts again. Everyone just clamors to the computer whenever there's a report of a new post.

I have plans for a long email soon...it's being written in my head and hopefully will be transferred to computer this weekend.

Oh, and Jackson Vanilla Wafers are on my list for the next package...it might be a month or so, but we'll get them to you as soon as we can! :-)