Monday, January 3, 2011

Honiara Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, January 3

Outside my window...clouds rolling in, time to move the clothes to dry on the porch

I am thinking...about Eph. 2:1-5 and being amazed all over again

I am thankful for...my parents who saved money and vacation time to spend a whole month with us here in the steamy Solomon Islands

I am wearing...a white t-shirt and a green/turquoise/blue swirly patterned long skirt

I am (SLOWLY) remembering...the meals I usually cook in Honiara

I am going...to have a Messiah sing-along tonight in my living room!

From the learning rooms...back to school on Thursday after almost a month off

I am currently reading..."Play: The Foundations that Supports the House of Higher Learning" by Lisa Murphy, one of the books my mom brought, and I LOVE it!

I am hoping...to contact the dentist in Brisbane soon to arrange a quick trip to get my wisdom tooth pulled

On my mind...the doubling of postage rates that just went into effect in the Solomon Islands

Noticing that...it feels so good to be back in Honiara

Pondering these words..."Sitting still and being quiet is not a marketable job skill." --Diane Trister Dodge, The Creative Curriculum

From the kitchen...date nut ring for breakfast, lunch in town while we shop, and a farewell dinner of pizza pasta salad (Gayly, thanks for the mini pepperoni) with Sarah's carrot cake for dessert (love it when Honiara has carrots and cream cheese!)

Around the house...almost finished unpacking, tomorrow we'll switch bedrooms after my parents leave

One of my favorite things...the quiet part of the afternoon when kids are reading or sleeping, the CD player is softly seranading us with Handel or Bach, and the candle is delighing our noses with some sweet scent

From my picture journal...the "ladies' toilet" in Karumalun that we used on Christmas day

2 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

The ladies toliet!?!?! Does the tide affect this area??? Never mind, I won't go there!
Hugs friend!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love the ladies' toilet! I suppose the most hygenic thing is to go right in the ocean, yah?