Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Conway Woman's Daybook


For today...Tuesday, July 24

Outside my window...the sky is getting a tiny bit cloudy.  Come on rain, we need you!


I am thinking...about what a great weekend we had in Fort Smith.  Our friends, the Halls, loaned us a great book about Deputy US Marshall Bass Reeves and took us to the Fort Smith National Historic Site where we got to see Judge Parker's (the "hanging judge") courtroom.


We also had a blast at the Janet Huckabee Arkansas River Valley Nature Center.  Thanks, friends!



From the learning rooms...just math for Benjamin and Olivia as we pack up books this week.

I am thankful for...the many people God has placed in our lives.  As much as I don't like moving around, our lives have been enriched by living in so many different places because of the amazing people we meet.

From the kitchen...bagels and yogurt for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, black bean tortilla casserole & rosemary strawberry shortcake pizza for supper.  I love having old family dishes on the table.  My great-grandmother's pink depression glass bowl and Aaron's great-grandmother's spooner dressed up our humble yogurt this morning.


I am wearing...white capris, a sea foam green t-shirt, and a tiny pendant of emeralds encircling a diamond that Aaron gave me for my 17th birthday

I am reading...still "Smart Moves".  It's more academic than I anticipated, but I'm really enjoying it.  I find myself agreeing with so much of her research.

I am hoping...and praying for friends on a mission trip to Wyoming

I am creating...our prayer calendar for August.  Hard to believe that July is almost over.

I am hearing..."Positively Hymns", the washing machine swishing our blue t-shirt sheets, Katherine sounding out words in her beginning readers

Around the house...another batch of homemade laundry soap is on the stovetop right now, and a fresh press of Choffy is steaming at my elbow.

One of my favorite things...schedule, order, routine, etc.  Don't laugh.

Pondering these words..."Time spent cuddling, playing, being fully present and consciously communicating with children establishes a bond of security, trust and respect on which the entire child-development pyramid is based."  from "Smart Moves"

Looking ahead...getting the brakes fixed on the van today, eye appointment on Thursday and a trip to Little Rock to visit some family and friends, Sarah's 13th birthday on Friday, and speaking at Woodland Heights Baptist Church in Conway on Sunday

A peek into my corner of the world...more good friends who have moved to Fort Smith.  We grew to love this family when we lived in Pine Bluff fifteen years ago and shared a couple of pregnancies.  Flake family, thanks for making time in your busy schedule for us!


No comments: