Friday, July 6, 2012

"Everything you want in the world is just right outside your comfort zone.  Everysinglethingthingyoucouldpossiblywant!!!"   ~Jamie Lee Curtis
(the quote I found at the top of the calendar when I finally turned it to July this morning)

There's not much normal in my life right now, but today was a normal day, and I enjoyed every minute.



My grandparents gave us some absolutely gorgeous tomatoes and squash yesterday, and I loved the way the tomatoes looked sitting on my great-grandmother's milk glass cake stand in the morning sun.



I left the house for an eye appointment (still trying to figure out which contacts work best for my old eyes), listened to some amazing music on KLRE (C.P.E. Bach cello concerto in A and Ives' string quartet no. 1), made a trip to the library, and came home to stuff those beautiful tomatoes with tuna salad for lunch.



After lunch, the kids experimented with cabbage water and baking soda to blow up a balloon for science.



It was so good to be home and to enjoy a day inside my comfort zone.  Tomorrow morning , we head to Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and I intend to enjoy every minute of that road trip, too!

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I can't keep up with all your hellos and goodbyes, but it sure looks like a lot of fun :D

I like to say that "God has good people" :D

Julie

no spring chicken said...

Normal days. Mmm. I think we are supposed to have more than one. Do enjoy another! I loved the watermelon basket in the earlier post!! Wow.

Blessings, Debbie