Tuesday, July 10, 2012


On the way home from Pine Bluff last night, we met my parents, some of their friends, and my brother in West Little Rock to celebrate my mom's birthday.



She was really kind and asked for lots of spoons to share her yummy birthday dessert at Macaroni Grill.



My mom's actual birthday was today, so we invited my parents and my brother over to celebrate at our house.  Sarah made a delicious lemonade cake with lemonade buttercream and a surprise inside.


She dyed the cake blue because it's my mom's favorite color!


The kids enjoyed being goofy with Uncle John.


Because we had rain showers blow through late in the afternoon, we opened the windows, turned on the attic fan, and enjoyed the cooler air.  We all got a kick out of the fan sucking up the balloons.


When the heat and humidity kicked back in, we turned on the air conditioner, and the kids went outside to play with the balloons.


I'm so thankful for my mom and the impact she has had on my life, and I'm especially thankful that we are close enough now to get together and celebrate!

1 comment:

us5 said...

oh yes! we got to help my sister celebrate her birthday, and it was so sweet! loving these amazing moments...