Monday, July 10, 2017

Weekend Wonders (or is it Wanders?)

What set of values determines your schedule?

"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above..."
(Colossians 3:1,2) 

You have only two choices:  an "on earth" way of thinking that is all about this right here, right now physical moment, or an "above" way of thinking that looks at life from the vantage point of the grand redemptive story.  ~Paul David Tripp


This weekend found us wandering over to East End Baptist Church to lend a helping hand with a missions conference they were hosting.


We sliced and diced food and stuffed bags for an upcoming missions trip. 


It's so nice to be able to on this side of the globe and be on the giving end!


We also had some friends wander on over to our house on Sunday afternoon.  These amazing ladies taught alongside us back in our orchestra teacher days, and they wanted to come by to celebrate Sarah's graduation from high school.  We always enjoy every minute we get to spend with the "Ellens".


I've found a good tool to help me track my wanderings when I go moving in the mornings.  Map My Walk is my new favorite app!  It fits me exactly where I am right now in my journey to being strong and healthy again.

No comments: