Saturday, September 22, 2018

Weekend Wonders


We intuitively know that goodness and beauty are connected to the divine, that "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights" (James 1:17)….We are not only grateful for pleasure; our hearts wonder what kind of Creator makes a world that overflows with such loveliness and beauty.  As Lewis says, "One's mind runs back up the sunbeam to the sun."  
~Tish Harrison Warren, "Liturgy of the Ordinary"

This weekend, I'm grateful for things that are making my mind run back up to the Father:

-A cold front that brought rain on the first day of Autumn.  Beginning the morning with a hot cup of coffee, a Bible, and a quilt on the front porch is one of the best ways I know to start my day.

-My new favorite album.  This has been on repeat lately.  How I love these old hymns with their modern choruses, both drawing my thoughts to biblical truths.


-Method cleaning products.  My friend, Gayly, got me hooked on these lovely scents and friendly cleaning.  The grapefruit all-purpose cleaner makes me WANT to clean!

-Van school.  It's been a while since we took a family road trip, but this weekend we are traveling several hours to share with a church, so we might as well make the most of our time on the road.  Proud of my Olivia and Katherine for their hard work!  I get more car sick than the girls do, but peppermints helped us get through the winding roads.


No comments: