Sunday, November 18, 2018

Sweet Sabbath

"I offer you all that I have:  my talents, my training, the years spent honing and crafting and creating, my passions, my personality, my history, the many sacrifices I and others have made in in order for me to be here.  I give you even my brokenness, of which I am also a steward.  I offer now these incomplete and insufficient provisions, remembering how you, in your days among us, twice blessed inadequate offerings, fashioning them into miraculous feasts that would sustain crowds in their hard journeys."  ~Douglas McKelvey, "Every Moment Holy"



We are much more comfortable hiding behind the translation desk, in the back of the cello section, or in the kitchen where no one sees.  But lately, God has been placing us a little bit more in front of people.  So, we continue to bring him our small "loaves and fishes".

"Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, 
but how far will they go among so many?"  John 6:9

And we trust that He will use all that He has placed in us as we serve on both sides of the Pacific Ocean.  We're encouraged that the rough draft of Ephesians was recently brought to SITAG, and Aaron now possesses a digital copy.  This is the first time he hasn't had to type the draft from a pen and paper copy!  

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship."  Romans 12:1

Will you join us on this day set aside for rest and worship as we once again offer our whole selves, with all our brokenness and history and personalities, as living sacrifices to the One who made us?

No comments: