Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday Favorite Five


1)  I'm growing to love Christy Nockels' podcast "The Glorious in the Mundane".  I liked her even more when I discovered she was an advocate for Bible translation!

2)  If you like to work with kids, refuge139 is an organization that could be a great fit for you!  With short-term trips, this group serves third culture kids whose parents serve in Bible translation around the world.  And if you are looking for long-term opportunities to serve in education, please consider a career with Wycliffe.


3)  Living here in the Solomon Islands, my kids get more creative.  They run outside and play more, creating elaborate games.  They craft more, too, with materials like food as well as the more traditional yarn or paper.  I love watching that part of them come alive.

4)  SOUL chocolate bars.  Single origin chocolate.  There is a star on the map so you know where those cacao beans were grown.  For example, the label on the back of the package I just purchased says:  "This chocolate bar has been ethically made using cocoa beans produced the farmers in the Eastern Guadalcanal region of the Solomon Islands.  These farmers have been trained by ADRA Solomon Islands in the production of high quality cocoa using organic methods so they can receive higher prices for their work."



5)  This little stovetop espresso maker that lives in our current SITAG house.  It makes my afternoons so much better!

2 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

I have that expression maker and love it!!! Do you need expresso for it, I can fix that!!!

Choate Family said...

Yes, please, Gayly!