Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Making Memories

 "To me, making fun strong memories are some of the best ways to partner with the pain you feel and give it purpose.  Fun is never meant to replace pain, or better said, fun will never replace pain.  But fun can walk alongside it.  You can hold them both and see what happens when they dance together."  ~Annie F. Downs, "That Sounds Fun"


As April rolled into May, we continued to build "fun strong memories".  Toad Suck Daze was in full swing again this year after a break for COVID, and we walked to the celebration intent on sampling the fried Oreos.  They did not disappoint. 


The peonies that my mother lovingly planted in anticipation of our return to Arkansas last spring finally showed off their gorgeous, full blooms.  I love watching the seasons roll around and proclaim God's faithfulness.


We continued to "bike and breakfast" with my dad on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.


My raised beds were finally filled.  Katherine and I really look forward to watching things grow and hopefully eating the results!


Celebrating birthdays and the incredible people God made always makes me smile.  Especially when it's eighty-four years of life.


No comments: