Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...Monday, December 14, 2009

Outside my window...really dark with no moon, the church is lit with a kerosene lantern for Christmas choir practice and Aaron is singing with them
 
I am thinking...about our "glass house" again.  Maybe it's just because we've been here seven weeks.  I'm thankful that a few people are comfortable enough to come by our house at any hour of the day (even if they intentionally wait until after dark so nobody will see them ask us for things).

From the learning rooms...We started Cores 5 and K today!  The material is fun, especially since we are studying the Pacific Islands right now.  Our school day just expanded by more than an hour, though.
I am thankful for...my body finally crawling out from under this cold after being sick for almost a week.

From the kitchen...campers oats again for breakfast tomorrow, local food for supper (fresh tuna, green beans, eggplant, and umalau - all milked!)

I am wearing...cotton pajamas and sitting under a fan that Aaron rigged over the bed

I am reading...lots of Christmas picture books with the kids

I am hoping...that's Benjamin's birthday will be a special celebration
Pondering these words..."An earthbound, earth-satisfied spirit cannot pray." E.M Bounds

Around the house...prints of some of Monet's paintings, the third candle lit on our Advent wreath, the book basket filling up with a new Christmas picture book every day

One of my favorite things...Christmas carols sung by my children and accompanied by my husband on guitar

A few plans for the rest of the week...finishing the outdoor kitchen, going with Sarah Kiko to find the stones for my motu, community cleanup for Christmas, choir practice for Christmas, a friend coming on the Bikoi to spend Christmas with us, Benjamin's 9th birthday next Sunday

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Aaron helping the guys dig the holes to sink the posts for our kitchen
 

2 comments:

The dB family said...

I enjoy getting a "picture" of your life in the Islands.

Have a blessed week!
Deborah

Nahna said...

More of the scouting knowledge at work????

Workmen are here for the second day, re-doing the French drain and prayerfully, this time it works.

Blessings to all...glad you are all better.

Love you