Sunday, April 4, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook



For Today...Monday, April 5
Outside my window...beautiful sunny day, big church fundraiser down on the shore with lots of music and laughter
I am thinking...about the very sick little baby we saw in church this weekend with its collapsed chest and fits of coughing 

I am thankful for...the visitors we've enjoyed this weekend.  Our SITAG boss and his wife came out for a quick visit.
From the kitchen...lunch today was the church fundraiser.  Fish, lelenga, umalau, chicken, rice, donuts, yum!
I am wearing...blue t-shirt, gray plaid skirt made by a friend in PNG
I am reading..."Pocket Full of Rye" by Agatha Christie
I am hoping...to get a good balance of sun and rain (sun for the solar panels and rain for the rain tanks) 
Pondering these words..."It is high time the ideal of success should be replaced by the ideal of service.  - Albert Einstein
Around the house...bell pepper growing on the porch rail & ready to be transplanted, big National Geographic map of the peoples of China hanging on the wall
One of my favorite things...e-mails from far-away places!  (Since I can't moderate comments from here, please feel free to drop me a note at joanna underscore choate at sil dot com)
A few plans for the rest of the week...language learning with Sarah Kiko tomorrow afternoon,  Aaron digging holes & putting up the other rain tank, Aaron leaving on Saturday for a three day tour of several villages in our area to determine if we need to hold a Translation Awareness Course and to meet people

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...Palm Sunday's decorations in our church

1 comment:

S and J said...

We love reading about your lives there. Love and blessings!