Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Marulaon Daybook

For Today... Monday, March 21

Outside my window...the sun hasn 't come up yet, but the moon is setting and streaming through my window.  The stars are slowly being blotted out by a huge bank of clouds, and I anticipate rain soon.  What a great way to start the day!

I am thinking...that I am so glad I got up on time this morning.  My three girls were all up by 5:45.

I am wearing...a blue v-necked t-shirt, a black skirt, and black dangly earrings

I am praying for...my husband as he picks up the pace and visits the villages who didn't send representatives to the most recent meeting and for my children to deal with some character issues while they (both the kids and the issues) are still small

I am going...to try again to make peanut butter cookies in a barrel oven

From the learning rooms...Hammurabi's code, Benjamin starting Singapore 5B, Olivia learning about similes, celebrating Spring with some fun crafts

I am thankful for...e-mail.  It's still working!  Even though I can't moderate comments from the village, I can respond to e-mail.  Feel free to drop me a very short note at joanna underscore choate at sil dot org.

I am remembering...twenty one years ago this week, holding Aaron's hand for the first time in the movie theater while watching "Hunt for Red October"

From the kitchen...muffins, yogurt, and papaya for breakfast, chili and cornbread for lunch, and leftovers for supper

I am reading..."In the Company of Others" by Jan Karon

I am hoping...that several long-awaited boxes show up in Honiara soon.

I am creating...lots of white snowflake stitches on red gingham, still.

On my mind...the new Translation Center being dedicated in Honiara today.  Thanks again to all of you who sent white pillowcases to help furnish the bedrooms!

Noticing that...it's getting harder and harder to add verses to our passage from Colossians.

Pondering these words..."The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction....A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction.  Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."  Proverbs 16:21, 23, 24

I am hearing...my 12 volt fan and the wind starting to pick up.

Around the house...loads of bananas.  Between market Saturday and gifts from friends, we'll be making lots of banana cake this week.

One of my favorite things...watching the sun rise.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Aaron going to Baison tomorrow with Ezekiel and the new translation committee chairman, George Hiva;  Wednesday morning trying to make cookies with Kiko and Grace, finishing the umalau harvest close to the house and planting new umalau to be ready for the next time we come out to Marulaon

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...the amazing, huge almost full moon as it rose last night.  We were in church when it first came up all golden, but we caught it soon after it began its journey across the sky.  WOW!

moon

No comments: