Monday, September 14, 2015

Hughes Family Reunion

You know it's going to be a good reunion when we circle up and pray.

I think I'm getting spoiled. 

the extensive family tree my dad taped up for everyone to enjoy

Three years ago, we got to attend the Hughes Family Reunion, my paternal grandmother's family. 


In May, we had barely set our feet on American soil when we attended the Schalchlin Family Reunion, my maternal grandfather's family.
 

 
And this weekend, we got to attend the Hughes Reunion again!


All seven of my grandmother's siblings are still alive, and wow are they spunky.
 
 
At one point, one of grandma's brothers was trying to toss one of the sisters into the swimming pool.


 I hope I have that much energy when I'm in my 80's!



The day was full of playing and good food and visiting and reconnecting.


And we don't take family reunions for granted anymore.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been there--looks like a great time!

Love,
Liss

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What a great heritage AND it looks like a lot of fun!
Julie