Friday, May 21, 2010

Week in Pictures

Getting back to school this week after three weeks of "Spring Break" created some challenges for our family, but we're back in the swing of things now!
The road grader that came last week left a smooth dirt road. It also created quite a canvas for fingers to draw on the dashboard of the van!

Always bring a good book wherever you go! (Don't worry, Sarah took this picture while the van was parked.)

Since I still can't find my curriculum notebook, we're reading "The Hobbit" (one of our read-alouds for this year anyway) and following a cross-curricular study guide I found in the Educational Resource Center. We began a paper-mache project this week. Our goal is to sculpt and paint some of the creatures from the Hobbit, but we've been warned that paper-mache never dries here, it just molds. We'll see what happens!

One rainy day, it was even cool enough to enjoy hot chocolate while we studied.
A new shipment of food came in this week, and you've never heard kids squeal until you've heard mine excited about the crisp celery and broccoli that just hit the shelves!

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

My kids have been on a Tolkien craze lately. I bet yours will enjoy the Hobbit! I wonder if you could dry their creations in the oven at a really low temp?

It's cool here too and now I'm craving hot chocolate, but I just waxed the floor and can't get to it!

Happy Sunday,

Julie

The dB family said...

Lol! I wish mine would get as excited about celery and broccoli.

It's nice to see other children like to bring good books with them everywhere they go. I'm pretty sure some of our children don't know how to get from point A to point B because they always have there nose in a book when we ride in the van.

Blessings!
Deborah