Thursday, April 28, 2011

Marulaon Daybook

For Today...Monday, April 25

Outside my window...moonflower sprouts popping up in pots on the porch, morning glories beginning to climb up the center post on the porch

I am thinking...about Jesus' picture of a seed having to die before it can produce a harvest, especially how that looks in my role as a mother.  Maybe it's because we've just come out of Lent or because I've been planting a lot of seeds lately, but I've had verses like Ephesians 5:1-2, John 12:24, and Romans 12:1 bouncing around in my head a whole lot lately. 

From the learning rooms...Ancient Greece, Medes and Persians; continuing cohesion and adhesion; Sarah - writing a comparison/contrast essay, math review; Benjamin - journal writing, percentage of a quantity; Olivia - prepositions, dividing hundreds, tens and ones; Katherine - letter O

I am thankful for...friends like Pogo who teach me how to cook the Lavukal way so I can share with my friends.

I am remembering...my "baby" brother's birth twenty years ago this week, my sister and I were in the delivery room with my mom.

From the kitchen...using up the fish that David brought in exchange for using our canoe. 

I am reading..."Seasons of a Mother's Heart" by Sally Clarkson (thanks, Stephanie, the box finally came!)

I am hoping...and praying for rain.  It's been almost two weeks without significant rain, and the small tank in front of the house is dangerously low.

I am creating...pots full of seeds to transplant before we go back to Honiara.

I am hearing...fans, children playing outside, a neighbor hammering on his new house

Around the house...letter O paintings by Sarah and Katherine made with lids,
One of my favorite things...my ten-year-old's big dimply smile

Pondering these words..."Contentedness is learned by accepting life each day as God gives it to you, and adjusting your expectations to life's limitations."  - Sally Clarkson

A few plans for the rest of the week...cooking banana cake on the fire with Kiko Tuesday afternoon, going to my garden to take out the rest of the umalau and clean up the ground in preparation for more planting, teaching a group of Mother's Union ladies how to make banana cake on Friday IN LAVUKALEVE (just reading the directions so far, but I would still appreciate your prayers)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...none this week, it takes about 20 minutes to send a condensed picture from the village

No comments: