Friday, April 1, 2011

Tuesday, March 29

Yesterday's language learning session with Margaret was so much fun.  She is full of personality!  She had made donuts and put several objects on the table so we could practice sentences like, "Leobit okolin laffi ne bibisa butia."  (Water and lots of flowers are in the jar.)  At one point, I was trying to ask her to carry something with the verb ekeuirba, but I sounded like I was telling her that something had died because the root for died is kiu!  I scheduled another session for next Monday afternoon.

I never get tired of the flowers here.  We have a kind of flower that starts out snow white in the morning, but by the afternoon it has turned a beautiful shade of pink.  I took the photo of the white flowers about 9:30 a.m. when I was hanging out clothes, and then I took the photo of the pink flowers about 3:30 p.m. when I brought the clothes inside.  The flowers continued to darken as the afternoon progressed.  God's creation amazes me!

flowers

flowers pink

2 comments:

Kecia said...

I've never heard of flowers doing that before--how beautiful!

Arin Rollins said...

Amazing! Beautiful flowers!