Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Texas Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Tuesday, May 28
Outside my window...a volunteer sunflower that grew underneath the birdfeeder,

and peaches that survived the late frost slowly growing bigger

A heart of thankfulness...for all of the birthday cards and e-mails that came my way this weekend.  I feel so loved!
Praying for...my sister-in-law and her family.  Her mom, a model of Christian hospitality, is in "comfort care" awaiting death as her organs shut down.
Noticing that...goodbyes are hard, but this article articulates those third-culture-kid feelings well, and this one, well, I could have written it.
I am hearing...the packing tape "screech"
Around the house...geraniums.  About the only flower I can keep alive, but oh, how I love their sunny disposition!
One of my favorite things...finding great book lists.  And then having the time to enjoy the books.
Pondering these words..."We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for giving."  ~Billy Graham
From the kitchen...after a weekend of cooking, we have lots of leftovers, including a yummy turnip and baby spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette, made with turnips and greens from Scasta Farm.
From the learning rooms...officially, school is finished until July.  But Olivia still has to finish up her math book, we're planning to watch "Magnificent Desolation:  Walking on the Moon", and I anticipate lots of reading going on in our house.
A few plans for the rest of the week...shots, dentist appointments, enjoying a little more company, sharing about Bible translation with an Indonesian church this weekend
A peek into my corner of the world...Olivia took our extra timeline stickers and put them all over her face for about 30 minutes.  By the end of the day, she had red rectangles on her face, but she was fine by the next morning.  Silly Olivia!

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray for being done with school (for now ;D) and my prayer are with you through the transition.

You have an amazing life!

Julie

Leslie said...

Lots of goodness in your corner of the world! I'm always encouraged by your full-of-life spirit. Happy birthday!!!