Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekend Wonders

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.  He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.  He redeems me from death and crowns with love and tender mercies.  He fills my life with good things.  My youth is renewed like the eagle's!"  Psalm 103:2-5
Just a few good things from this weekend:


-a mother who taught my daughter the best way to roll up cinnamon rolls and who sewed for my girls all weekend


-a father who patiently scanned almost 500 old pictures from my huge Rubbermaid box of photos


-a husband who, once again, began packing boxes.  He takes such good care of me.

-for friends who made time and energy on their road trip to come see us

-for a slumber party with five girls in one room and three boys (and a dog) in the tent


-for a full birthday breakfast table


-for my beautiful mother who birthed me on this day just a few years ago

 
-for this lovely little one who held my hand in church and belted out "Bless the Lord, oh my soul..."


-for families whose hearts are knit together in a way only God could engineer




-for a fun caribou head that presided over our table (and friends that decided to join us at the last minute)


-for a table for nineteen for a birthday lunch (and four May birthdays!) at Babes Chicken Dinner House

-for the "Hokey Pokey"


-for funky chicken hats on the birthday girl


-for finger lickin' good birthday biscuits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy late Birthday! I'm a May birthday too - I always maintain that it's the *best* month. :-) (Sorry I'm so late, I'm just now catching up on the last two weeks plus of your blog :-p) Glad you had a good birthday!
~Ruth