Monday, January 27, 2014

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Monday, January 27
 
On my bookshelf..."Hercule Poirot:  The Complete Short Stories" by Agatha Christie.  Sarah and I are reading it together at night.
 
Pondering these words...wise thoughts from other women experiencing similar circumstances, like living with a foot each in two different worlds and feasting on God's Word in your heart language.
 
Hearing...pounding rain.  Tis the season.
 

Crafting in the kitchen...Aaron had peanut butter banana smoothies just about ready when I came in from walking this morning.  And tonight we'll be enjoying this funny looking fish he found at market this afternoon.
 
 
One of my favorite things...the handsome guy holding the fish above.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...loads of meetings this week.  Part of life in Honiara.  But when the meetings include coffee and cookies, along with good friends, we get a lot accomplished and have fun doing it!  Friday's meeting is working on adding to our new computer "card catalog" system in the Educational Resource Center.
 
A peek into my corner of the world...Sarah made delicious lamingtons minus the vegemite this time) to celebrate Australia Day yesterday.  We're missing our Aussie friends!
 

3 comments:

Bartokhound said...

I got a real kick out of this blog post! Sarah, when I see you in December (boy, that sounds good!), remind me to tell you of the "special" brownies I made for my church youth group when I was about your age.

I had to Google Vegemite, even though I know contextually what it is from...well, from being on this planet! I found this great Vegemite song, first aired on the radio in 1954 as an advertising jingle for Vegemite:

The Happy Little Vegemite Song

We are happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,

We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea,

Our mummy says we're growing stronger every single week,

Because we love our Vegemite,

We all adore our Vegemite,

It puts a rose in every cheek!

[http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/VegemiteHistory.htm]

I think you all should set this poem to music! :-)

Lots of love,

Kayla

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh gosh, I had to go back and read your Vegemite experience... ON A LAMINGTON sounds disgusting! But then, I'm not a vegemite fan to begin with.

Good on you, though, celebrating Australia Day :D

Julie

The Hibbard Family said...

Our one attempt at lamingtons ended up being a huge mess! But we had fun anyway...and they tasted good. :-)