Friday, January 3, 2014

Sunday, December 22

Today was a great day to rest!  As soon as church was over, the kids rushed home to take the kora off the hot stones. 

IMG_0550 - Dec 22

We had a huge tray full of the delicious stuff, so the kids walked around the village with our plastic green plates and shared with the District Priest, Ofaoaen, Walter (he's the catechist on duty this month), Leku, and Chief Leonard.  It's fun to be able to share food that I know my neighbors will like.  They don't really care for tomato based foods, and we tend to eat a lot of those when we are in the village.  It's been rainy and “cool” all day.  The Group Two girls practiced underneath our house for a while, and I think we all enjoyed a chance to do a little reading and lying down this afternoon.  

IMG_0553 - Dec 22

After my dirt hauling adventures yesterday and being on my feet most of the day, my foot and leg were really swollen and painful today.  I opted to prop up my leg most of the afternoon and to stay home from church tonight.

No comments: