Monday, January 13, 2014

Jan 8 & 9

Wednesday, January 8
What an amazing group of ladies gathered today to check the story of the serpent tempting Eve!  My friend, Margaret, chose a compatible bunch.  Some grandmothers, some mamas about my age, and a young single mama worked together, asked questions, laughed a lot, and made a few changes to clarify the story.  This group knew me well, so they weren't afraid, and I knew them well so I didn't mind looking stupid when I didn't know the meaning of words.  I brought popcorn and kool-aid again, the ever popular duo!  And after we finished checking the story, we enjoyed snacking and visiting.  I would work with this bunch of ladies any day, doing just about anything!
Last night, Olivia began showing signs of malaria, and this morning she continued to exhibit classic symptoms, so we began a round of anti-malaria meds.  She still did school this morning, just from her bed.  We expect her to be up and about again tomorrow.

Thursday, January 9
Moses came to ask for water tonight.  Seems that the big 2,000 gallon tank on the church is empty, and most of the other tanks in the village are empty, too.  We've been hot and sunny with no rain for a couple of weeks now.  The two tanks in front of our house still have plenty of water, but the traffic has increased dramatically in the last 24 hours.

1 comment: