Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sweet Sabbath


I've been drawn to the little book of Colossians often lately, particularly praying this verse for my college kids:  "So, then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."  But I'm discovering that I need to pray through it for myself even more often.  On this day of rest, I'm thankful for little things like gel pens in a variety of colors that get our creative juices flowing.  


For people who have the gift of words and how to pen exactly what I'm thinking, I'm also grateful:
"Meet me therefore, O Lord, in the doing of small, repetitive tasks, in the cleaning and ordering and maintenance and stewardship of things...so that in these ordered spaces bright things might flourish:  fellowship and companionship, creativity and conversation, learning and laughter and enjoyment and health." 

Oh, yes!  Fellowship and companionship, creativity and conversation, learning and laughter and enjoyment and health.  That's exactly what I want my home to facilitate.  

No comments: