Thursday, December 19, 2019

Tuesday, December 17

After receiving our “daily manna” of rain for so many weeks, we finally got that much needed big rain today! Thank you so much for continuing to pray for a good balance of sun and rain for our village. We are constantly monitoring the batteries and the rain tanks and always aware of the One who sends both the sun and the rain.


When God created the world, He must have enjoyed making each little animal and plant. Such a wide variety here in the Solomon Islands! The kino nut’s flower always makes me laugh. It looks like an exploding hot dog to me. And it makes my sinuses crazy, too.


From my porch rocking chair, I count thirteen flowers in various stages of blooming. The insects love these huge blooms, and the birds love the insects. Each morning, the rising sun illuminates the blooms and makes them glow intensely for just a few minutes.

No comments: