Thursday, June 18, 2020

More about faithfulness...


"Faithfulness to Christ requires dying to your desires every single day and instead submitting them to what pleases God.  Faithfulness requires us to release our clenched fists, letting the love of entertainment, comfort, and laziness fall through our fingers, and watching it shatter, confident that God can bring good from our efforts at killing sin.  It means believing that when Jesus died on the cross, he really did break the power of sin over you, so you are free to fight sin instead of catering to it."  
~Glenna Marshall, 


My crusty heart and my selfish love for comfort have been winning lately.  Maybe it's because Aaron is gone and I miss the shelter and safety he provides.  Maybe it's just my Enneagram 9, W1 self:  "They desire peace, both internally and externally.  Their Type 1 wing encourages them to make their idealized, peaceful world a reality.  Negotiators defend themselves by participating heavily in routine to distract themselves and avoid negative emotions." I find the lack of willingness to get outside my comfort zone ramping up into more and more of a battle.

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.  Ephesians 5:1-2 (NIV)

I'm recruiting help in this battle of faithfulness and keeping a soft heart.  God's Word is my number one tool, but a close second are the prayers offered to help me fight the enemy.  Would you be willing to join the battle on my behalf?

No comments: